Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thoughts

Losing someone you love is never easy; especially when you've known them all your life. When someone like that dies, there is a part of you, at your very core that is crushed and you never feel the same, not ever.

My world has been rocked for the second time in six months. December 31st I lost a 28-year-old friend. Yesterday, I lost my Sharon. But she wasn't just my Sharon.

She was Keith's wife, and Mindy and Keith Jr.'s Mom, Barbara's mother-in-law and a grandmother to her 14-month-old grandson. She was Sandy's twin sister, and my Mom's bosom friend and so much more to so many others and now she's with her saviour in heaven and she's free. For her, there is no more heart ache. It is those of us left behind that mourn our loss but those in heaven, get to celebrate her arrival and homecoming.

One day, we will all make the journey that our ancestors have made before us...the final journey that we must all make alone, crossing death's threshold. It's strange how we strive to be happy all our lives, and then when all is stripped away, friends, family, wealth and poverty, it's just down to us, and our relationship with Jesus Christ, or the lack thereof.

I cannot imagine making that journey without Christ; without some assurance of salvation, but one can only believe and trust, having faith that God will fulfill his promise to us, to take us to himself for eternity if we have acknowledged our need for his son's sacrifice on the cross and have accepted him as saviour.

God is once again, using the death of one of his saints to draw me to himself and remind me of our corporate, and final destination. Sharon lived her life like a comet, blazing across the sky, a living, loving representation of Jesus' love to everyone she came in contact with.

I cannot wrap my mind around it that she's gone. I miss her terribly, loved her dearly, and I can hardly wait to hug her again some day.

1 comment:

  1. Buddy, I'm so sorry for your loss! I haven't checked blogs for a while and just read yours. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all of Sharon's loved ones.

    God is so good, isn't He?

    ReplyDelete