Monday, July 21, 2008

The Pros and Cons of Group-Work

Right now, I'm experiencing the "cons" part of the "pros and cons." I'm having trouble getting in touch with one of my group members. Today we are supposed to present a book, as a group, to the rest of our graduate studies class in Urban Education.

I'm putting together the hand out, and I don't have a phone number for one of my members that elected to try and send her part of the presentation in to me in the wee hours of Sunday morning (the presentation is today, Monday afternoon) when I had asked her to send it in on Friday. I say "she tried" because the biggest problem right now is that she thought she emailed her part of the presentation to me as an attachment and there was no attachment.

Now, I like this girl. I just can't get ahold of her, and because she emailed me past deadline on Friday (when I able to work on the presentation with the appropriate software at work), I don't have time to fix this. Part of me is really tempted to fill in the powerpoint presentation on my own, but that is akin to doing the work for her, and there is a big part of me that doesn't want to do that on principal.

I have emailed this gal (several times) to let her know the attachment didn't come through between yesterday (when I got her erroneous email) and today. I emailed the group, asking if anyone knows her number (which they probably don't). I have emailed the professor to let her know (she won't get my email in time) and I even tried calling my professor (and I can't get through to her where she works). All very responsible things to do, and none of them are helping right now.

Argh! Please pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment