Monday, July 28, 2008

The 7-Year Itch

Today is the day. Jeff and I have been married for SEVEN years :) and I live to tell about it. On our anniversary, everyday life continues. I'll work, go to class and drive home and be tired. My garbage disposal has been broken all weekend, I have more Praxis tests to study for (that I haven't signed up to take yet) and I have a research paper to write for my Urban Ed. class.

On the plus side...I read three books this weekend (2 were juvenille lit. and one was a Christian Romance novel by Francine Rivers) and I started a fourth book called "Austenland" by Shannon Hale (after Jane Austen). It's about a single gal in her early 30's who goes on this rich person's 3-week interactive fantasy vacation to a place where actors portray people from Austen's time period, and you participate in the fantasy! It's been a very entertaining read so far. This girl, Jane, has a thing for Mr. Darcy, and her estranged Aunt found out about it at a lunch encounter, and left her this vacation in her will. I cannot stop laughing when I'm reading this book. It's wonderful! And it's especially wonderful if you're an Austen fan and also have had a thing for Colin Firth in the BBC version of Pride and Predjudice. Hale dedicates her book this way:

"For Colin Firth
You're a really great guy, but I'm married, so I think we should be just friends."

I love to read and this was a magical, fantabulous weekend for reading.

On Friday, I had a half-day of work so I hung out with my girl Rachy-Rach and we went out to eat at the new Chipotle Restaurant at Airport Square Mall. It was yummy and the restaurant was clean, and the staff very friendly. I had a vegetarian burrito that later, and to my great regret, made me flatulent. (Yeah, black beans!) Then we headed for Borders Bookstore where I purchased my stack of books. We each bought a book we both wanted to read so we can swap later (I love having a book friend). Then she bought me coffee because she's generous like that. Thanks Rachy babe!

Jeff bought me a cute little shoulder bag for our anniversary...nothing expensive, but it showed thought...it's pink and white with brown pleather handles and bottom. I'm never going to keep it clean, but it's very me! I like it!

Overall, it was a marvelous weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Your wedding was wonderful, and I hope your marriage is just as good!

    ReplyDelete