Monday, July 7, 2008

Getting Back on the Horse

I gained four pounds and I'm back in my size 14s. Ugh. I haven't been exercising and I've been grieving. Well, it's time to get back on the horse, strap myself to the saddle, and ride! I have started a food journal and I'm going to count points.

I want to lose 30 pounds. Encourage me. I need it.

I've started my second summer class...Urban Education at 10th and Spring Garden in the city. I'm going to carpool to try and save on gas and to preserve my sanity.

Good times!

I also need to get back out on the trail and do some walking and jogging. I may be downgraded to wogging at this point. I seem to have lost the endurance I built up when I was losing weight before. I am a backslidden jogger. The shame!

Oh well! I just have to get back at it again.

Are you exercising and trying to lose weight? What's worked/is working for you?

3 comments:

  1. i'm training for an adventure race. so, that gives me something to look forward to - and because you have to have a team to race with, i have people relying on me! that's real good motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i finished my boot camp= didn't lose any weight, but really increased by strength and cardiovascular health. Now I'm doing a 10-week kickboxing class, plus the diet plan they recommend. The class is KILLIN me, as is the diet. But so far it seems to be working. Fitting into my wedding dress is the best motivation yet :) Just get back out there on the trail and you'll be back in shape soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely guarantee if you keep a journal of what you eat and at what times - you'd make huge strides in eating better. Nothing will make your brain comprehend what is going into your body than the site of what you're consuming.

    If you want a spreadsheet that I've made I can forward it over to you.

    Obviously consistant work outs are not realistic at this juncture and learning how to eat correctly needs to be part of your life when you aren't able to exercise later in life.

    If you want some help let me know

    Eric

    ReplyDelete