Friday, November 9, 2007

That Freakin' Scale!

I have a scale that's...a little off. When I say "off" I mean, it's not accurate. How "off?" About 3 to 6 pounds. I had two doctors appts. yesterday and weighed in on both their scales, in addition to my morning weigh-in on my own scale at home.

7:30 a.m. Weight: 183 lbs. (underwear only)
12:15 p.m. Weight: 189 lbs. (fully clothed with shoes)
2:30 p.m. Weight: 191 lbs. (after lunch, of course, with clothes and shoes)

I think my scale is off by 3 pounds. That 183 weigh-in is with the three pounds already added to it. Is it possible to gain 6 pounds by noon?

Jeff tells me it doesn't matter if the scale is off, it only matters that I have consistently weighed myself on the same scale.

I pointed out, that's true...as long as the scale hasn't started getting worse (being further off the mark). Either way, I'm fatter than I orginally thought I was when I started my weight loss journey back in Sept. Have I lost 10 lbs.? Probably. But I'm still "back at square one" mentally because I am back to having to lose 30 lbs all over again!

Granted, I am pre-menstrual...but a six-pound diff? What the frick?

1 comment:

  1. The next time you weigh at home, go the au natural route first. Then, go eat breakfast, put on a pair of jeans, shirt, socks & shoes & weigh again. You'd be surprised how much your clothing can weigh. You also have to remember that your weight can fluctuate quite a bit throughout the day. Even just from first thing in the morning to lunch time can add a few pounds, then you add clothes or lunch... PMS.... absolutely could be a 6 pound difference! Don't sweat it! You are doing fantastic & look great! I definitely notice a difference in your face. Even if you haven't lost a single pound, your clothes are looser, and you look & feel better, not to mention how much stronger you are & the increased stamina!! Just keep doing what you're doing girl- it will all work out!! :D

    ReplyDelete