Monday, November 12, 2007

Graduation and the Turkey Trot

This weekend is boot camp graduation and the Turkey Trot 5 K at Fisher's Park in Towamencin. You can still register online until Nov. 15th.

The race starts at 10 a.m. on Saturday the 17th and it's only a 3.1 mile race so it should be over in under 40 minutes or less. Some people are walking it. My goal is to jog the entire thing without stopping. We'll see how I do on the hilly parts.

I'm going jogging with my friend Dorothy tomorrow. We're doing 2 miles before it gets dark. Does anyone know any good places to buy cold or night running gear?

Graduation is Saturday from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. after the Turkey Trot. I can hardly believe it's been 10 weeks. I feel better and I look a little better, but I haven't lost a ton of weight. I haven't been that faithful to my diet though, so I don't know what I should be expecting.

I'm not looking forward to the winter boot camp session (cold) but I know it will be good for me, and less expensive. How much less expensive has yet to be seen...I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. is this a come cheer you on kind of graduation and race? Cause I'm definitely proud of you (and in awe of the schedule you've been keeping!) and definitely echo jynell's comment from Friday.
    I love you, sis!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rig-
    I have under armor pants & shirt that you could use for Saturday. I'll bring to class tomorrow for you. You can at least delay the expense a little while! :D

    ReplyDelete