Monday, November 26, 2007

The Next Challenge

I ran the Turkey Trot in 30:24 and was 175 out of 237 participants who finished the race. My Uncle Dennis (an avid runner) is encouraging my running and he challenged me to train to run a half-marathon in Allentown. He says he's going to get me a subscription to Runner's World magazine. Wow! That would really be a great goal. That would be 4x as long as my 5K but it's doable. I just have to train for it! Woohoo!

The Dr. Drill Instructor Program has really made a difference in my fitness goals and my desire to really trim down and lose weight. For the first time, it's really looking like I could reach my goals. It's very exciting. Boot camp starts up again in January and between now and then I plan on doing a bit of running and weight training to build my endurance. I'll keep you posted in that area of my life.

Thank you to all of you who have been encouraging me in my weight loss endeavor.

Blessings!

Rigel

No comments:

Post a Comment