Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Dawn of a New Season


It's the beginning of September and I just LOVE the fall. I've already seen my first wagonfull of pumpkins, can you believe it?! I just want to go find some leaves and rake them into a gigantic pile and jump in them and roll around! I also feel this tremendous urge to bake something...and eat chilli. Go figure!

The kiddies are back to school Sept. 4th, and that means making adjustments for school bus traffic in my morning commute. Mental note to self...must leave 10 minutes early for work from now on. So let's think positively! What do I have to look forward to this fall...

Two new classes at Eastern on Wed. nights...
Daylight savings time (lose an hour of sleep, argh....)
Fall festivals galore on the weekends... (WooHoo!)
A reunion with friends from back home at the end of September (friends I haven't seen together in years!)
Homecoming at Houghton in October (if we go)
Thanksgiving with friends (sometime this fall hopefully)
My niece's 2nd birthday celebration
Jeff's 31st birthday (Oct. 22nd for those who want to wish him a Happy Birthday)
and Bootcamp starts on Sept. 10th and I am excited. (Oohrah!)
Thanksgiving at Uncle Tom and Aunt Jenny's (dad, say you're coming!)

Anyone want to invite me over for a bondfire?
What is the fall bringing into your lives?

5 comments:

  1. Hoodies! Seriously, i look forward to that a lot.
    Also:
    cool evenings, splitting wood, fires in the stove, school, not being hot or having to use a/c, and my birthday.

    rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Hoodie sweatshirts and campfires, cooler weather and lower electricity bills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had a place for a bonfire, I would invite you over for foil dinners and doughboys! (Which reminds me of a certain picture I have of you...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - I'll have to find it. Most of my pictures are buried in the basement.

    I'll try and get down there this week!

    ReplyDelete