Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Flat Stanley


Oh my word! I have a fun assignment for one of my classes this semester. Has anyone ever heard of Flat Stanley? It's a classroom pen pal program designed to teach kids about geography, climate and the environment.

I'm looking for a couple of people to mail my Stanley to. Over the next few weeks I'll need to pass him around via the US mail to people who will volunteer to write in Stanley's journal from his perspective about his adventures, the geography, the climate etc. I'll need participants to write three journal entries each for Stanley as you take him places and take pictures of him at different places as he goes on adventures with you. In his journal you include details about his travels and paste your pictures into the journal in designated places.

Ideally, Stanley will be adopted by some teacher friends who will introduce him to your students, however, he can go to friends too! My sister has volunteered to be one person. Any takers to be the second person?

You just need to write in his journal and take some pictures and send him on his way. It's a committment to write three journal entries, take some pictures and you can include post cards if you like. Anything that will fit nicely in the envelope. The first person will get Stanley from me and then send him on in a pre-paid, self-addressed, stamped envelope to my next friend, who will then send him back to me along with his journal.

Let me know if you have experience with Flat Stanley or if you would like him to visit you!

Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. I actually stole the Flat Stanley book from my 3rd grade teacher. And, I still have the copy. Jake just got a copy for his birthday from an uncle.

    I can't take him to school, but I could take him to playgroup! I'd be happy to show him around Boston too.

    Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you email me your address? I'll send him out! That would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rige, Stanley is welcome to visit Kutztown with me. I'll e-mail my prof about bringing him to children's lit class.
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to host Flat-Stanley...
    although I'm not sure what is all that exciting about where I live, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for volunteering! I have finalized Stanley's itinerary and he has departed on his trip so no more volunteers will be necessary. It means alot to me that you would volunteer to host him and to help me out.
    Love,
    Rigel

    ReplyDelete