Thursday, September 27, 2007

Can You Feel What I'm Screamin'?

Sometimes people get upset. "Upset" takes many forms. If you are man or a woman you may recognize some of them.

#1. If Looks Could Kill, You'd Be Dead (this is a venomous dirty look followed by an incredulous look as if to say "Did you just say that to me and think you could get away with it?" complete with hostile body language).

#2. The Hissy Fit (dancing up and down with jibberish coming out: aka I'm too upset to even speak english right now or make any sense. In this situation it's best to flee the room.)

#3. "I'm Fine." (from a woman) (those two dreaded words, every man hates to hear and no woman ever means) I can't help you here men. In this situation, you may want to allow some decompression time before you try and work it out with your spouse or significant other. Experience dictates that you cannot argue with or logically address a hormone surge. Women usually want an apology, followed by a reiteration of why what you did was wrong, and that you're sorry. Then she'll feel loved and will probably forgive you.

#4. "I'm Fine." (from a man) (he probably is ok, or if he's not, he will be once feels respected by you.)

In the great words of my friend Nathan, "Can you feel what I'm screamin'?"

No comments:

Post a Comment