Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Girlfren' Time

Yes. I intentionally misspelled "girlfriend." I'm in serious need of time with my girls! They are all scattered to the four winds! I have not cultivated a gaggle of girlfriends yet that I regularly meet with and I think it's high time I did.

I'm talking about a group of girls I can laugh with, cry with, watch chick flicks with, talk with, and yes...bake with. I am in serious need of something low fat and chocolaty right now (low fat because I'm trying to lose weight, and chocolate because...well duh!) and I have no one to do that with! Any quick fix recipes to share, send'em to me. I'm desparate!

Most of my friends are busy too or travelling. This is one of the things I abhor about adulthood. You are so busy as an adult that you don't have time for fun. At least I don't.

I suppose I did this to myself, but I want time for fellowship! This is time, I haven't taken before...until now. I'm just waking up to the fact that I need to carve time out of my schedule to relax and recooperate. I've told myself before that unless I take that time, I'll never be any good to anyone including myself. What's that about taking your own advice?

6 comments:

  1. here here sister!! you'll be alot better, even to your hubby....cuz he could never fill that girl void....even if he tried.....!! hang out with the girls, no matter how guilty you feel about leaving your hubby....it'll all be good in the end....:) you'll have other things to talk about....that's what i do!! it's great!

    susanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!! I haven't quite found that guilt free baked good yet (although I am still desperately searching!!) BUT, a chocolate fix that works pretty well is the Jello SUGAR FREE (made with Splenda) Double Chocolate pudding cups. They are only 1 point & really yummy! Most of the time I like to top with some like cool whip which makes it 1.5 pts... but so very worth it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rigel!
    You should make a trip up here... and we can eat all the chocolate we want...well, maybe some :)
    I know when I did W.Watchers that I "could have" a fudgecicle, I think they are only 1 point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo- something else I just thought of!! Black Bean Fudge!! I haven't tried it yet, but hear people talking about it all the time! Roni (the lady whose blog the recipe comes from & who I read regularly- AWESOME WW story) anyway.. she is always re-vamping recipes to be even more WW friendly- check her out if you have a chance! :D Anyway, here's the link the recipe on her site! http://weightwatchen.com/2007/12/frozen-black-bean-fudge.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. not sure why that last comment came up as Jason... but it was me (in case you weren't sure!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey friend! I'm on my way, and in serious need of girlfriend time myself! I'm with ya!
    Beeker

    ReplyDelete