Sunday, May 25, 2008

L.L. Bean's Gettin' My Bidness


Although it's not a new idea that being eco-conscious and earth-friendly go hand in hand, I'm decidedly becoming more determined in my quest to leave a lighter "carbon footprint." I've transitioned to fluorescent bulbs and have started shutting off lights that aren't in use. I have programmable thermostats in my house, and I put my computer into sleep mode instead of turning it on and off every time I want to use it. I am washing my laundry in cold water with non-toxic laundry detergent and now I'm even going to buy canvas totes from L.L. Bean so I can thumb my nose at plastic grocery store bags.

I'm not totally green yet, but I'm becoming more mindful and making small adjustments in my lifestyle as I become aware of ways to be a do-gooder. So, L.L. Bean's gettin' my bidness. I'm going to go online today and purchase some canvas totes to take place of those disposable plastic, landfill-unfriendly bags that tear and dump your food all over the floor.

I'm one step closer to eco-friendly sainthood, but I guess I have a long way to go before I earn the title of "Earth's best friend."

2 comments:

  1. Before you buy from LL Bean, check out some grocery stores. The ones by us are selling totes for 99 cents. They seem pretty durable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the grocery store ones and I think the LL Bean ones are nicer and more durable, and bigger- higher capacity.

    ReplyDelete