Thursday, October 4, 2007

Tempted and Kicking Temptation in the Butt


There are times when I just get so frustrated in life, that I'm ready to "throw in the towel." No, not commit suicide, just have a...to quote Victoria Beckham, "MAJOR" hissy fit.


When I'm dieting and I see amazing food that I "can't" eat...


When I'm frustrated trying to get pregnant and it's not happening...


When I'm taking classes and the end doesn't seem in sight...


I just want to explode and give up, all at the same time (is that possible? And if it was, it might be messy...)!

I'm tired of dieting, tired of trying to work things out when I have relationship issues, tired of sacrificing and compromising and going the second mile... and sometimes I lose little battles. But you know what? When I give in, I'm the first one to suffer.

That's why I have to suck it up and keep on, keepin' on....#1 because it's the RIGHT thing to do and #2 it's probably best for everyone else that I do. :)

So how do I deal with stress?


  1. Go for a run or a walk (exercise boosts good feelings and gets out aggression)

  2. Watch a movie that makes me cry or gives me warm fuzzies (also promotes good feelings and cries out the bad ones)

  3. Call a friend that will listen and encourage me (not one that will gossip and add fuel to the fire, but a mentor, one that will offer perspective and pray with me)

  4. Try and take a nap (get enough rest)

  5. Step back and examine the situation (after the emotional storm subsides and I can view something logically)

  6. Check my diet and make sure I'm getting enough protein and good food to eat.

Those are the biggies.


What do you do when you are ready to burst?

1 comment:

  1. "Exercise releases endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't kill their husbands!" - Elle Woods

    I was just ranting in the shower. And then I realized that instead of imagining a really negative conversation, I should be praying for the person I was ranting about.

    It is really difficult to step back and examine a situation, but I believe that when we try to see things from God's perspective, we become better people.

    That argument I had with my husband? God would have made his point in a loving way, and He wouldn't let pride stand in the way of relationship. When things don't happen when we want them to - how often do we look back and see how amazing God's plan for us was? What He was training us for, and how glad we only got what we wanted when we were really ready?

    If only I could remember all those things in the moment.

    I'm praying for you, my friend. And as always, I'm encouraged by your blog!

    ReplyDelete