Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Getting Back on the Wagon

I've been very very bad lately. I had chocalate cake this weekend, and more cake and a dark chocalate truffle. I was raggin' it and caved to my chocoholic cravings, but it was homemade cake (Jeff's birthday cake, I made it...) and there were delicious left-overs. You don't throw those away, and everyone else was on diets so they wouldn't take the left overs either.

It was good "bad food" and you just don't pass that up when it's offered "few and far between." So I ate it.

Do you think that's sort of what happened in the Garden of Eden? Sin, justification and all that rot! I'd do it again. MMMMMmmmm. Yummy.

Like the character Chunk on the 80's cult classic The Goonies.... "Choc-a-late! MMMMMmmm(insert a high pitch squeal of delight), CHOC-a-LATE!"

2 comments:

  1. Don't sweat a splurge every now & again! If you didn't enjoy the things you love- IN MODERATION- on occasion you'd quit your diet and gain the weight back and probably then some once you allowed those "bad" foods back into your life. Honestly, I don't completely agree with Drill's food philosophies. (and I have told him!) While I think it's a great idea to NEVER eat anything with high fructose corn syrup & only eat lean proteins, whole grains, fruits & veggies- it just isn't realistic (for me anyway)! You have to be able to "let your hair down" once in a while & have a portion controlled treat. I'd say even once or twice a week! Sure, maybe make it healthier by using low fat substitutes or lite products if you can, but you have to give your self permission to really enjoy your food now and again or when the right situation comes along (pms, stress, a fight, big test, etc...) you will go back to old habits- only 10X worse b/c you've felt so depraved all along. Trust me!! Anyway, hope your day is going well & you made the most of your break this morning. I missed you!!! See you Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to continue my rambling, BUT I forgot to add that I think the reason that you may not be seeing the scale drop a whole lot is that you aren't eating ENOUGH! You are working out HARD 5 days a week! I see you when you leave- you're dripping wet from working so hard! :D If you aren't giving your body enough fuel for that kind of work, then it's just going to hold on to what it's got & you won't see the scale move. To my surprise, some of my best weeks- like 4lbs!! - were weeks that I thought for sure I'd blown it b/c I'd eaten "bad" foods. I had been so careful for weeks to not eat "bad" things & wasn't losing, got depressed & sick of depriving myself & ended up with an entire pint of Dove's Unconditional Chocolate ice cream- 33 points in one sitting!!! I lost 4 lbs that week & kept it off. Obviously, I'm not recommending eating pints of ice cream to lose weight- just saying that I think you should try eating more- more healthy foods & indulge in a small treat- at LEAST once a week. Anyway... I think you get my point, so I'll shut up now. If you want to talk more or want some accountability with your diet, you know where to find me! :D Have a great night!! <3

    ReplyDelete