Monday, October 22, 2007

Draggin' the Bag

Ahhh! There's nothing like the smell of a cinder track and wet grass in pre-dawn air! Today I spent my early-morning hours towing a 100-pound sea bag filled with corn kernels, back and forth between the 50 yard and the goal lines of a football field. In two-man teams we alternated who got to tow and who got to trot alongside cheering encouragement to the exercising teammate. What a way to start the day!

Between last week (dubbed "Exercise Week") and this week (dubbed "WOW Week") my body is the sorest it's been during boot camp. That's a good thing. It means I'm working hard. I'll say it now and I've said it before...This is one of the best things I have ever done for myself!

My strength is coming back, I'm wearing jeans I haven't fit into in many moons and I'm eating a healthier diet and saving money by not eating out all the time. At home, I'm getting more things done around the house and my husband has even started noticing the changes in my body. That's all I'll say about that. Moving on...

So, on November 17th, we have our graduation day (still talking about bootcamp) and we'll be running or walking in a 5K race called "The Turkey Trot." I've never done a 5K before, so it should be interesting. My goals are #1 to finish (which I can do of course) and #2 to at least jog the entire thing, and do it in 32 minutes or less (does that count as #3?).

At age 30, I'm still learning new things, setting new goals and interested in improving my life, not just letting the days go by unchallenged or unexplored. It really is like waking up from a mind fog. Possibilities! An awakening!

No comments:

Post a Comment