Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Complain Not



I was watching Joyce Meyer preach this morning on TV as I was eating breakfast. She talked about growing as a Christian and training yourelf not to complain. She made some really valid observations and points I'd like to share with you. But first let me boldy proclaim that this is an area of my life that I am currently struggling with...

I have determined that I really don't have anything worth complaining about compared to people in third-world countries. I should be counting my blessings. The struggle against the flesh will be consistant, as long as we are alive.

Joyce said a couple of things that really stuck out in my mind. Kudos to Joyce! http://www.joycemeyer.com/

After she pointed out the fact that we don't really have anything worth complaining about as compared to people in third world countries she went on to talk about the flesh and its desires and how those desires come about.

The first thing she said was that if you feed the desire of the flesh, that is the food it will come to expect. In other words, if you consistently feed it trash, that is what it will come to salivate over and desire.

The second thing she said that when we complain and give in the flesh in the process, we are giving the devil a foothold in our lives.

She was preaching from Romans 8. One important thing to note is that if we are saved we are no longer slaves to the flesh, but we are a new creation and now have a choice as to how we live, either to serve our own selfish desires or to deny ourselves and to follow Christ's example. She made a point to say that we should be following Christ's example and not the example of other people.

Food for thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment