Monday, October 20, 2008

Trusting the Lord

I've received troubling news over the weekend that has my ire up. I have a sick loved one, some serious trouble in a close friend's family, and a relative of a co-worker that was just diagnosed with advanced stage lung cancer that has metastasized throughout his body. Couple that with not getting pregnant, home work, marriage stress, and my husband's birthday this week and I'm tempted by a train load of stresses and worries!

I'm into triage mode right now and that's where I'm going to let myself stay. I cannot get emotionally involved in many of these issues or I will absolutely fall apart. I know we live in an imperfect, sinful world, and that death and troubles are an inevitable part of life. I just wish they weren't.

Sometimes it's hard to "Let go and Let God." Often times I try and accomplish things through my own strength. Make that most of the time....

We are not alone. Emmanuel: God is with us. And there is so much to be thankful for in this life he has given to us. We are to live as God intended; in communion with him. At this, I admit failure, as I do not nurture that relationship as I should. I must live intentionally in my relationship with the Lord as I have undertaken to do with my earthly brothers and sisters.

This weekend, I'm headed home to the Rochester area to visit with family. It will be a time of fellowship and I am hoping, of renewal.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you enjoy visiting your family, we will be praying for you in Florida!

    ReplyDelete