Friday, October 17, 2008

Birfday Partay


Next Wednesday, Oct. 22nd is my husband's 32nd birfday (that's myspeak for "birthday" in case you didn't know). We're having a family dinner for him tomorrow night. Jeff's Mom likes to make each of her kids their favorite dinner on their birthday. It's very sweet and she loves to do it.

The only thing I am responsible for cooking for dinner is the birfday cake. Jeff asked for chocolate chip cheesecake and that is what he shall have. Tomorrow between meeting with my research group in the morning and the birthday party at 5:30, I'll make his cheesy birfday cake. I still have to buy the ingredients and pick up Grammy at 5:15 pm.

It's getting pretty bad. What's getting bad? My memory. I need to invest in a PDA or something. For the second time I have stood a friend up at Applebees, different friend, same restaurant. It doesn't matter how often I write things down on my various calendars (academic or household calendar) I cannot remember appointments when things get crazy...and things have been crazy for awhile now.

I don't think there is any hope for me for the next few months. Between my brain fog from the copious amounts of Splenda and NutraSweet I have been consuming, and lack of restful sleep, I am doomed to forget more appointments with more friends, unless I become somewhat of a hermit and avoid people altogether. Then I won't have any friends to forget. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. You need St. John's Wort or whatever memory and do lots of crosswords.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the memory helps. But forget having a "school" calendar, a "family" calendar, etc. You need ONE calendar. I have four, but they overlap in one view. Problem solved. Look at Google Calendars, as they allow you to overlap multiple calendars.

    Finally, once you get out from under the current semester, look at the book "Getting Things Done" by David Allen. Great long term (like life-long term) strategies to dump all the stuff out of your head and into systems that are outside of you.

    Good luck and enjoy yummy cheesecake. Happy b-day to Jeff.

    ReplyDelete