Saturday, August 23, 2008

Funky Town

I have to admit it. I'm in a bit of a funk. I'm jobless, and I've eaten dessert two nights in a row which isn't helping my weight loss battle. There is something warm and fuzzy about Bryers Oreo Cookie Ice Cream and brownies. I have indulged in comfort food. :) Boohoo wah! me. Don't get me wrong. I'm counting my blessings too, I'm just whining a little bit. So forgive me...or indulge me. Whatever works for you.

I went out for a walk this evening and got bitten on my left ankle by some guerilla bug. I never actually saw what was biting me, just felt the sting/bite and swatted at my ankle. I put an ice pack on it and that helped reduce the swelling, but it still hurts. It freaked me out a little. My mind always goes to a worst case scenario...what if it was a poisonous spider or a venomous killer bee...just kidding about the bee.

Bug bites are like those random, change of life events...most of the time unexpected, always painful, and they usually put a damper on whatever activity you were doing when you were stung/bitten. It's an automatic time out. When's the last time you were 'stung?'

No comments:

Post a Comment