Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Best Little Bistro in Telford

I have had two very positive dining experiences at Assou's Bistro in Telford, PA (one for breakfast, and again tonight for dinner and coffee).

A Frenchman took the old Telford train station and converted it into a cute, tastefully decorated bistro with free WiFi, a flat screen TV and excellent hours of operation conducive to student life. They're open Mon. through Thurs. 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., Fri. and Sat. 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.

Their breakfast menu features Omelettes, Belgian Waffles, Pancakes, French Toast and Eggs with a wide variety of hot and cold beverages. It's pretty impressive (FIVE kinds of juice, cappucino, espresso, various kinds of tea, milk/choc. milk and of course...coffee!).

Their lunch/dinner menu includes a soup of the day, various salads, stromboli, calzones and gourmet pizzas, and what bistro would be complete without...panini sandwiches? They have'm.

Assou's features indoor and outdoor seating (with umbrellas for sunny days) and a brick patio, and it's very clean and the staff is very friendly and courteous. The owner is very good about engaging his patrons, and quick to smile and greet his customers. If you visit Assou's on Saturday morning, stay to go to the Telford Farmer's market within spitting distance of the bistro. Bring your canvas bag to take home all kinds of fresh produce.

When we went to the bistro for breakfast, we stayed to shop at the market afterwards. There were a couple of different tables selling baked goods, a vendor selling hand blown glass art work as well as functional pieces, and various farmers selling their fresh and delicious produce. It was like a mini-European vacation between the bistro and the market! Fabulous! Fabulous!

If you like to take pictures, (like I do) there were so many unique photo opportunities at be found. Come to eat, shop and people watch! You'll love it! I'm going to have to take a picture of it and repost it to this entry.

Two thumbs up for Assou's!

2 comments:

  1. We'll have to check it out! We love that little Caboose place in Souderton for breakfast. I just like to see the old train stations revitalized. I feel like I can connect with the history of this area...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the only thing I didn't like was that the waitress gave us caffeinated coffee instead of decaf because it was late at night and she didn't want to bother making a fresh pot. I was up pretty late that night having consumed 3 cups of coffee I thought was decaf. Jeff told me it wasn't (as he observed my level of hyperactivity and alertness escalate at dinner) but I assured him I had told her "decaf." My friend Dorothy had the same problem (she was there too).

    We still liked the food and we're still going back, but I'll have to have a conversation with the waitress/waiter next time and tell her/him it really needs to be decaf or nothing. :)

    I think I went to bed around after midnight and woke up at 4 a.m.

    ReplyDelete