Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day


Let me preface this post by saying that everything is relative. A bad day in a third world country is vastly different from any bad day I might experience.

I woke up at 5 a.m. yesterday with very bad menstrual cramps, enough said. Then I went to work and was 10 minutes late because I didn't get out the door quickly enough.

On the way to a restaurant at lunch time, my friend pointed out I had torn the seam in the right wrist of my relatively new blouse. When we were walking into the restaurant, I tripped and fell while walking in my high heels (which I don't normally wear) because I didn't carefully watch where I was going. I scuffed my new shoes, abraided my hands and the knees of one of the last pairs of pants that fits me and I skinned my left knee and bruised the right. Good times.

After we were seated, our waitress visited us three times...once to take our order, the second to bring us our food, the third to bring my friend a new soda (the one she was brought was flat), then she never came back. We waited around for awhile and then had the hostess ring up our bill. It would all have been pretty funny, but then I had to explain to my boss why I was late getting back from my lunch.

What's a girl to do?

1 comment:

  1. Rigel-
    I love you.
    Where are you when I need you?...LOL
    I can only SO relate, so thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete