Monday, August 6, 2007

Daydreaming the Day Away


Come and daydream with me.

Is there something you would rather be doing with your time right this very minute? If you could just put down that project at work, grab your stuff and walk out the door, where would you go? Think about it.

If you were unfettered of a job or responsibilities at home, where would you go? What would you plan to see? What would you do?

Oh, I almost forgot...you can spend a modest amount of money, money is not a problem. We're not talking being independently wealthy (though the concept is worth exploring at some point) we're just talking feeling comfortable doing things you would like to be doing.

Post a comment! I want to know your thoughts on the subject.

I think that I would send people I love, gifts in the mail. I'd go shopping on line and have some of their favorite things delievered to their houses. Flowers and candygrams all around!

I'd buy fabulous gifts and decorations for my friends' baby shower this weekend.

I'd put a bigger check in the offering plate, AND the benevolence fund...and heck, I'd even make a contribution to the building fund!

I'd give money to the local volunteer fire department!

I'd adopt another pet from the animal shelter (maybe that's getting carried away).

I'd go and visit my family in WNY.

I'd call my grandmother.

I'd book a rental at a romantic spot for me and my hubby someplace new for the weekend!

What's your story?

2 comments:

  1. I'd donate money to the church's capital campaign

    I'd take my mother-in-law out to tea (the fancy kind with little sandwiches and scones)

    I'd buy the $18 hand-dyed wool to knit myself some mittens, and not feel bad that I wouldn't pay $18 for a pair of mittens

    I'd sit on a quiet beach with a really engaging book (something by Jodi Piccoult perhaps?). Alone. No children to worry about.

    I'd check out a nice New England bed and breakfast with my husband, and go back to Pier 77 in Maine for dinner

    I'd make a foil dinner at camp with my camp girls

    I'd take a nap in my parents' backyard

    I'd have some seriously good, uninterrupted, not falling asleep during prayer time.

    Those are the things that immediately come to mind.

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. going on a shopping spree, for family member's birthday's and christmas's...make up for the non-exsistent presents of the past...!

    husband and i get-away from the kids, for at least a week, to where? i don't care....as long as we're together, and alone! :)

    definitely love the package idea...would send big care-packages to all my college friends, and my bro in iraq.

    meeting every need that moves me.

    go visit friends far away that i haven't seen, the whole family would come!!

    go to italy!

    thanks rigel--love to think these things....i actually think these alot..since i'm bogged down with 3 littles ones 3yrs and under!

    Susanna Moody

    ReplyDelete