Monday, August 13, 2007

A few questions for you

Anyone remember that DC Talk song about time ticking away? It just came to mind. When I was looking at my last post, I realized that we all have a limited amount of time to do things, on a grander scale than just a window of time before the next semester starts. Our days on this earth are numbered. We don't know the day when we will close our eyes for the last time, but God does.

So how do we make our time on earth count? What are your thoughts and suggestions?

Another thing...thinking about going to heaven is a wonderful thought, but the thought of dying is not. I've had this conversation with my friend Heather. It's not the thought of leaving this earth and going to heaven to finally rest eternally that really scares us, it's the thought of the process of leaving that frightens us. Death, and the unknown. Will heaven be fun? There are so many questions I have for God, that I wish He would answer now, but I know He doesn't speak audibly.

The sermon on Sunday was about discerning the will of God. God doesn't speak audibly, but he speaks through people, and circumstances. We were cautioned on listening to the circumstances though. They can be a little deceptive.

In order to determine the will of God, you must be in prayer, reading your Bible (so you know that your request is in line with the will of God as defined in His word) and you have to listen for a response through his people and through the circumstances he sends your way. Did anyone else get a different spin on that sermon? Let me here from you.

I'd also like to hear from anyone else who has an educated opinion. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment