Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's Been Far Too Long...

In my hiatus as a pregnant blogger, I've been away getting ultrasounds and getting fatter, getting baby showered, and getting more and more bloated. That about sums it up.... Oh, and I've been on message boards on a popular baby website run by Johnson and Johnson.My giant baby shower was this past weekend and it was amazing. I'm not just using that word, and I do know what it truly means. I have some awesome friends and family and they know how put on a party, complete with decor, delicious food, fun games, a gorgeous cake and of course, lovely gifts and thoughtful cards. We're gonna be good to go for awhile as the girls arrive.

My most hopeful thoughts (after those of a safe delivery) are that I will be able to rely on these same women for helpful advice and listening ears not to mention aide and relief when I find myself at my wits end as a new mommy...especially if I have a c-section delivery. Girls...give me your shout outs now and I will start signing you up for assistance and the occasional meal.

I do want to stock that freezer, wash all those cute clothes, and finish cleaning, all in time for the wee folk to arrive. I say that tongue and cheek, but they COULD be born on March 17th. There are apparently several different days in March when it would be fortuitous for the girls to make their debut: Dad, MIL, friends and family members have March birthdays. I hope the girls bake as long as they need to in my oven before the timer goes off.

Wednesday, tomorrow in fact, is our next ultrasound. We'll get to see how big they are getting and what position they are in. Thursday will be my next OBGYN appt. I'll get to ask them about support stockings for my legs. Dang. The last two days, I have had RIDICULOUS swelling in my ankles. I had to tell my principal yesterday that I was giving two weeks instead of the 5 weeks notice I had previously offered. It's getting to be time to get off my feet and focus on being healthy and wise.

1 comment:

  1. In our family, if a baby is born on your birthday, you buy their first pair of walking shoes.

    Keep your feet up as much as possible, and enjoy these last few nesting weeks!

    ReplyDelete