Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cankles of Unusual Size DO Exist...

When I find my camera, which is probably buried in the pile of baby shower paraphenalia in the dining room, I will have to take you a picture...a picture of my cankles of unusual size. Yes...they DO exist, much like those giant rodents in the Fire Swamp from The Princess Bride.

Pricking mine canckles (or thankles depending on the severity of the swelling) with a sword has done nothing for their unsightly appearance. Elevating my feet, watching my salt intake, and drinking plenty of water does help, but I am predicting that soon, not much short of delivery will alleviate the swollen voluptuousness of my lower appendages.

Pregnancy can do funny things to a woman's body.It can stretch mark you, shrink some body parts, make others grow to unusual size, and even turn your day into night. It does this to prepare you for the demands the little package you will labor to bring into this world will make on you. You can look at that baby and say, "Child, you have worn me OUT! But I would do it all again, just to hold you in my arms and call you mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment