Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Evidence Surrounds Me

One day, in the very near past I was having a little pitty party stressing out about the future, and I was doing housework because I couldn't sleep. Too much on my mind! So I cleaned out the litter box, did laundry and unloaded the dishwasher. There were a few dishes in the sink, so I decided to wash them by hand. As I'm drying them I notice several dishes that don't belong to me, they belong to my girlfriends.

There's the little ceramic dish that held the stuffed shells from Jynell, "because I know you like them." There's the cake container from Kallie who heard me admire the recipe and decided to bring me a piece.

There are other items around the friends have let me borrow...there's the audio CD set of "Love and Respect" my girl Rachel lent to me so that I could benefit from it's wisdom.

Another time, I received an encouraging card with a handwritten note from Kallie.

Just tonight I got an instant message on FB from my neighbor Michelle who had some dessert tea for me she thought I would like to try!

Michelle W. and I feed the ducks together and talk about what's new with our lives and family. She has me over for coffee and we chat.

My friend Dorothy knows I'm a poor, unemployed grad student and she often picks up the tab at Assous! Then she helps me run it off later.

I'm surrounded by angels and I have much for which I can be thankful:

Kallie, thanks for getting my butt off the couch, the awesome pedicure, the laughter, the encouragement and the godly FB wisdom you share!

Rach, thanks for getting my butt of the couch and for being a weightloss inspiration and example of tenacity in action.

Dor R. thanks for getting my butt of the couch, for caring enough to ask, and for the good times running, meals at Assou's and your listening ears and good advice.

Neighbor Michelle, thanks for your delish dishes and our chats! You really are a sweetie!

I have many girls to thank for the many blessings they give to me. If I didn't mention you in this post, know that I love you and I consider you another jewel of Heaven! I hope I get an opportunity to be a blessing to you as you have been to me. Tis better to give than to receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment