Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Trapped by a Snuggly Cat

I'm enjoying my first Snow Day as a student teacher, and I'm holed up in my house, in my jammies and bathrobe on the couch. I'm stretching out Jeff's new knit Eagles cap on my "huge" head (see the movie, "So I Married an Axe Murderer") and I'm under the most buttery fleecey blanket I own (thanks Ru or was it Beak who gave it to me?). I'm enjoying catching up with friends on Facebook, and contemplating getting dressed and going to shovel my car out of the garage and salting the sidewalks etc.

I say "contemplating" because I'm trapped by a snuggly cat on the couch. He's weasled his way onto my chest and into the folds of my teal colored, terry cloth bathrobe and he's made a nesty-noodle of himself. That's schoon-speak for "nestled into my bathrobe and curled up into a furry ball of relaxed, purring, fur." He's even managed to ooze his paws out onto my wrist. I'll be trapped hear on the couch until I get up the gumption to move, until I have to go to the bathroom, or until the battery on my laptop dies...whichever happens first.

Eventually, I get to shoveling and baking something warm and delicious. Call me if you want to come over and help. I may need an extrication from the couch.

1 comment: