Monday, January 5, 2009

Wisdom in a Forture Cookie

"Whatever you want to do, do it. There are only so many tomorrows."

Wisdom visited me one time in the guise of a fortune cookie. She told me not to put off the things I've been wanting to do. It's like that Queen Latifah movie "Last Holiday" (which I really enjoy by the way. It's on my Amazon.com wishlist. Hint. Hint.) where the girl who has worked and saved her money her whole life never spending her money on "possibilities" erroneously discovers she has a brain tumor and has a month to live. She decides to spend her savings and do things she wanted to do, but was waiting to do someday.

It's fitting to think about these things as I ponder New Year's resolutions. I think I'll resolve to live life more fully and not put off the personal satisfaction that comes with doing things! There are always boundaries and balance to be kept in doing so, but I think it's time to freaking live a little bit.

For starters, I want to go for a hot air balloon ride. More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment