Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"View" Poo



Being unemployed has its perks. For one thing, I get to watch all kinds of quality TV programming I normally miss when I'm busy earning the big bucks. I caught a segment of "The View" today. Dem bitches don't let each other get a breath in edgewise.

In this testy, tension filled political climate, poor, in-the-minority, diehard conservative Republican, Elisabeth Hasselbeck hardly gets a word out before she's got three rabid Democrats at her throat, barking to cut her off and assert their perspectives.

It's hard to be in the minority sometimes. There are so many other voices speaking, drowning out your small voice that strains to say, "What the Hades?! I have an opinion too, you know." Expletives aside...Some people can't take programs like "The View" where everyone is yelling at once. I love that stuff! My only complaint is that there aren't enough hours in the day to hear what everyone really has to say. That and the fact that often times, the minority voice, no matter what perspective is being shared (either Dem or Rep) is usually squashed by that of the majority.

I think there are good points to be made on both sides of an issue. It's too bad that we all can't agree on a moral code of conduct during these debates. Sure things might be a little bit more boring to watch, and not as many topics would be covered, but we'd all have a say. It's a little known value of depth over breadth. "Deep" just doesn't make for exciting TV. I don't think most people have an attention span for it either.

1 comment:

  1. Civilized debate would be nice, since The View folks have a lot to say. I'd prefer that to their argumentative style.

    ReplyDelete