Thursday, September 25, 2008

Scratchy Throat, Positive Outlook

I'm getting a cold. I can feel it inflaming my throat and coating it with phlegm. Tasty... There's nothing like stress to make you vulnerable to little microscopic nasties. How to fight it?

Sleep? Vitamins? Juice? Hot tea? Short of fattening myself up and then hibernating for the winter in a lovely, dark cave to sleep through the symptoms of this cold, I think there isn't much to do but let the bug run its course. Stinkerroo!

On the plus side, I did manage to find a full time temporary opportunity as a receptionist with an area township. I wanted to be honest with any potential employer to let them know I would only be available a few months before I have to student teach and they were OK with that. I heard about this job through my husband who heard about it through a mutual friend (thanks Jay), I submitted my resume that same day and got a call back to go to an interview the next day (yesterday) and today I got a call with a job offer! Yay! I am thankful for the Lord's provision.

My cat Hobbes is snuggled up on my chest between my arms as I recline on the couch with my legs on the coffee table and type on my laptop which rests on my thighs. I'm wearing my teal terry cloth bathrobe and this cat loves to snuggle with me when I'm wearing it. I wish I could take and post a picture of how we look here together. My typing on my laptop, jostling him a bit as I type and him not caring. He is such a love able sweetheart.

Last night I visited a bit with my friend Christi after class. I bought a WaWa sub on my way to her house and she showed me what she's been doing to redecorate her apartment in her spare time as I inhaled said sub while sitting rapt with attention (between bites) on her couch. Then we went out for ice cream at a place called Handel's in Wayne, PA. I had a single dip delectable delicacy they called "Chocolate Cake Batter" ice cream in a waffle cone with chocolate sprinkles. Amazing treat that icecream cone. Diggity Dang!

Well, I'd best be about my bidness. Shoot me a comment when you get a chance and let me know how your part of the world fares. Mine is faring just about average. X's and O's, -Orion

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're sick but yippee on the job, and the ice cream ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, great news, Rige!

    ReplyDelete