Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Visit

This is a picture of my Dad and my niece Gabby. My parents are coming this weekend and they're bringing my sister and Gabby with them. It's going to be a full and happy house.

I love it when they come. It's like a giant, weekend-long hug from dear people I love. They're very presence has a calming effect on my soul and I can't wait to greet them and tell them I love them when they arrive on Friday.

There are a lot of hard things in life, and then there are the moments that make life worth living, like the one captured above in this picture. This was our family visit to Bare Island, NC. We didn't stay on the island long (we had an 18 month-old with us that needed a nap), but while we were there, we had a day to remember; walking on the beach, searching for seashell treasures to take home with us, and enjoying each other's company.

Not everyone can say they have a loving relationship with their families, but Jeff and I can, and we're glad. Family is one of God's greatest blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment