Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Peeps

This past weekend I was surprised, royally surprised! My people/peeps had a surprise 31st bday for me...and here I was thinking I was attending a regular old Jane Austin Party...LOL! (Thanks Ruthie)

I can't remember the last time I had an all-girl bday party, (probably in my teens). As long as I can remember, I've had family bday parties. After you reach a certain age, most people don't have pinatas or "pin the tail on the donkey" anymore... I speak for myself.

When did we stop getting together to celebrate our lives? A birthday is a reason to celebrate, but I think that the older we get the less we tend to make as big a deal about our birthdays. Some prefer it this way (and then again, some people still party).

The French call birthday "anniversaire" like it's your anniversary... I think it's good to be thankful to the Lord, at LEAST once a year for giving us all the wonderful people in our lives. They are real blessings that need to be celebrated. If you have a friend with an upcoming birthday, why not celebrate in your own way?

No comments:

Post a Comment