Monday, April 21, 2008

Developing Self-Discipline

So what's it take to develop self-discipline? Everything that is opposite of laziness, instant self-gratification, and self-indulgence.

It's meal planning, sticking to a regular workout schedule, and just saying "no" to food and "yes" to choosing a better way of living. I think losing weight is one of the more difficult things to do in life. I want to do it. I want to shuck 30 lbs and stop waisting my life by not living life to the fullest, (Did I mention I recently turned 31? There is nothing like a birthday to help me to recalibrate my life-perspective).

Today is my second to last Statistics class (next week is my last test!). Tomorrow is my last night of Ed. and Assessment of Exceptional Children. I'm almost through with my Spring '08 semester. Soon, I'll begin my first summer class. I have three classes left in my program of study for my MA in Multicultural Ed. I'll student teach and complete my practicum next spring. Between now and then, I want to look fabulous so I can enter the classroom in confidence!

I want to go from wishing I had the discipline to eat right and exercise in the midst of being busy, to doing it. Time to spend some quality time in prayer and meditation, instead of plugged into the TV or a book.

Wish me well!

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you! I'm trying to shed a few pounds myself, and it's ROUGH!

    Happy Belated B. Day!

    ReplyDelete