Thursday, March 27, 2008

Flippin' the Wax

I got something for you. Yo! Yo! Check it out...

Took a look in the mirror
Saw the lines on my face
Knew that I was gettin' older, but dang...
What a case

Crows feet the size of Yao's shoes
Steppin' on me, outta place,
San Andreas! Lines bustin' out all over the place

That's all I got. I WON'T quit my day job...

From "Wisdom"

When I have ceased to break my wings against the faultiness of things,
And learned that compromises wait behind each hardly opened gait,
When I can look life in the eyes, have grown calm and very coldly wise,
Life will have given me the truth and taken in exchange, my youth.

From a forward in my mother's new Bible Study Book on "Pursuing Wisdom," a book on Proverbs.

My translation:

When I stop trying to fix things that can't be or don't need to be fixed
And I realize that I will not always get my way and need to look forward to cooperation and compromise
When I can face up to the fact that this life brings trouble and I don't need to fear it or worry about it and just know that life is about trials and that things will work themselves out like they always do for better or for worse with or without my intervention
Then I will finally see things as they are and I will have gained wisdom and lost the appearance, brashness and impatience of youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment