Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It's Funny

One night, I lay down and went to sleep in my parents house with my giant poster of Steven Curtis Chapman on the wall, frilly bedspread and stuffed animals and when I opened my eyes the next morning...I was in bed next to my husband, in our home in PA and I had the distinct impression that I had been married for quite sometime.....

I went to bed, a 16-year-old, virtually care-free teenager, and woke up a married woman with a mortgage and a desk job and 30 extra pounds...

Yeah, I know it didn't LITERALLY happen that way. It just feels like it did some days. You know, it's funny how life moves on whether or not we're ready for changes to occur. There are no brakes on this ride and no time machine to go back.

I'm in my 30's wishing I was in my 20's. Pretty soon I'll be in my 40's wishing I was in my 30's.

It's time to enjoy where I am now and to stop wishing I was in another time, in another place. Where I work, the motto is, "The Time is Now." It's fairly appropriate to meditate on those words...to stop dwelling in the past or yearning for a future that hasn't happened yet...to enjoy where and who I am RIGHT NOW, before the moment passes me by...to be THANKFUL for where the Lord has me and to see the work he has for me today. I must concentrate on today, lest I miss the blessing before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment