Tuesday, March 6, 2012

News Reel

So, I realize that since I gave birth almost a year ago...I haven't really posted what it's been like being a new mom to two, fraternal twin miracles. My mind's eye is replaying highlights from our first year together as a family, and I smile, I cringe, I cry and I rejoice when I think of specific moments along the way.

The sleeplessness, the first cold, the early morning feedings, THRUSH, shots, boogers, cleaning up messes, sterilizing bottles, laundry, the first time we thought we might have to take a kid to the ER, the first road trip to my parents' house in NY, watching Jeff assemble the jumperoo and the exersaucer, trying to find places to put things up high so the kids can't reach them, rearranging our living spaces to accommodate them, taking baby gates up and putting them down, loss-of-containment-diaper changes, wrestling match diaper changes, preparing for family pictures, forgeting to take things out of the diaper bag that should have been taken out sooner than they were... the list goes on and on. It's life and it's beautiful.

Here's a few shots from our recent family photo shoot.



No comments:

Post a Comment