Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Husband, My Hero

I have to hand it to my husband. He is one cool dude. Like a pitbull cucumber. He's cool. He's calm. He's tenacious.

When you give him a problem to deal with, he takes it and the people involved with it to the mattresses. It's not personal. It's just business. He always thinks problems through logically and strategically. Each move has a purpose. He is a problem solver, whereas I am the tide of emotion. I won't elaborate. (Beware high tide!) 

He remains calm when I come to him with what I would consider a dragon of a problem and when he sees me in peril from the evil antagonist, he flips a switch and he becomes larger than life and he vanquishes the beast.

I sometimes wonder if he missed a calling somewhere to be some lawyer, or manager or executive...all the roles he eschews... and then I remember how happy I am that he's mine and how thankful I am for our little fiefdom on Main Street that we lead together. Thanks for being my dragon slayer babe. You're my hero!

1 comment:

  1. And you're an awesome wife for putting this out here for the world to see. Speaking as a guy (and a husband), you are doing a great great thing for him and for your marriage.

    ReplyDelete