Friday, May 22, 2009

So What's It Take to Get Hired in this Town?

The economy is so bad right now, that staffing agencies don't have any administrative jobs. Money is so tight, I am down to looking for a job in retail while I wait for a teaching job to surface. We cannot maintain our current lifestyle unless I work. That is the way of things. Who wants to give up their home? Not me.

Millions of people are doing what we're doing right now...working hard to survive.
To bed. I have had enough for one day.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rigel,
    About the whole teaching and PA REAP thing...I just wanted to tell you that both my husband and I posted our resumes and applied to jobs on PA REAP and never heard anything from anybody. This was before the economy was bad. My husband ended up getting a job because our neighbor worked in the district and told him about an internal email she received looking for a teacher. He mailed a paper copy of his resume to the school and got an interview and ended up getting the job. So I just wanted to tell you, from both of our experiences, PA REAP doesn't do much...but if on that website you can find out the school that is hiring and send a paper copy (or physically hand deliver a copy) to the office, you probably would have more of a shot of getting an interview. Good luck with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, my husband (elem music teacher in upper dublin) just asked me what your degree is in - i'm guessing elem ed? he just wanted to know what position you were looking for because he'll soon be finding out what jobs his district will be hiring for next year. let me know and i'll keep you posted!
    cjlakjer@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete