Friday, December 26, 2008

Recovery

It's been a quiet morning in Telford, PA. At least, it has been in the Schoonover household. Jeff and I are enjoying a morning to ourselves. Even the cats are amusing themselves, lingering nearby...watching us with their great golden and green eyes.

Jeff has left a pot of soup to simmer on the stove. I'm catching up on email and hearing news from the rest of our family and friends in the aftermath of another Christmas come and gone.

I was just accosted by a whirlwind of news that manifested itself over the Internet, in person and over the telephone. My Aunt Judy, recovering from a brain aneurysm had a fall and banged her head and is back in the hospital. A friend's grandmother passed away at 93. Another friend was delivered of her baby in the wee hours of the morning. My nephew is celebrating his first birthday this weekend and all is calm and bright. We're not getting company this weekend. Instead we're getting double the company next weekend. It promises to be a bustling holiday season.

On the bright side of that moon...I get another week to recover from my cold before being hostess to the next wave of familial guests. It will be good to see them and to not have to sneeze on them. I'm sure that sentiment is mutual.

No comments:

Post a Comment