Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's Been Awhile

Now you've got that Britney Spears song going on in your head don't you? The title of this post reminds me of Britney's song Break the Ice because it starts out "It's been awhile..." Now I'm not a huge Brit fan, but she's got some moves so I gotta give her props. She and MJ may have some personal problems, but they have talent. Nuff said...

I recently finished my last MA in Ed. class and I'm just waiting for my grade for the class and the beginning of the Spring semester. I'll be student teaching and doing my practicum to complete my MA and teaching certification in El. Ed. I start practicum sometime during the week of January 12th and student teaching on Thursday the 15th. Good times! Lot's of work. Nearly done...

Now it's time to gear-up for Christmas. It's crazy to think about it, but I think we might skip putting up a tree this year. Is that awful? I'm doing a cookie exchange this weekend at my house, and I only have a handful of friends attending. The only other people that might miss seeing our tree are my husband's family. We have a progressive dinner with them on the 20th and I'll be serving the dessert course. I haven't even done my Christmas cards or completed my Christmas shopping, or seen It's a Wonderful Life. I feel like I am missing the celebration. What I really need to do is sit down and read the Christmas story from the book of Luke and all will be well with my soul.

It's really all about Jesus.

What are you doing to celebrate Christmas this year? Give me a short list if you can.

3 comments:

  1. When I saw the "It's been awhile" title, I did not think Britney Spears--- I thought Dar Williams. Anywho-- welcome back to blogging! Who is MJ?? As for celebrating Christmas- the tree is up, the cards have been started, some cookies have been baked, and I bought two presents. We'll do pre-Christmas with the in-laws, then head down to MD to be with my family and, if I can cajole my husband we'll celebrate Christmas eve by going to Midnight Mass. Nothing funnier than watching someone raised in an evangelical church trying to figure out what on earth is happening during Mass ;)

    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, Thanks! It's good to be "missed"

    Sara- MJ= Michael Jackson
    Who is Dar Williams?
    I have been that evangelical at Mass and you DO feel like a fish out of water. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete