Sunday, May 18, 2014

Moms' Night Out

Going to see Moms' Night Out with a fellow mamma was a good choice. I thoroughly enjoyed it, laughing out loud, multiple times. The movie also provoked tears, the happy kind, the ones that flow when I am reminded that God loves me, that he gave me my precious kids and that with his grace, I can be their mom.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear so many overt reminders of God's love for us, spoken from the mouths of the movie's characters. This is a movie I would want to own on DVD because it's wholesome, thought-provoking and because it captures so many aspects of what it's like living the mommy-dream. It can be funny, again and again.

This movie has a lot of comedy, and a lot of heart. It's about a frazzled, young mom trying to find a bit of perspective, living her mommy dream. She goes out for a rare night-on-the-town with her best friend, and the pastor's wife. Their men are watching the kids for a few hours. What could go wrong?

Through a series of unfortunate events, things DO go awry, but in a perspective-giving-sort-of-way.

You are reminded of so many important things. The take-aways:

1. Finding perspective-giving time away from your kids with your girlfriends is important.

2. Having a loving and supportive spouse is golden.

3. God has blessed you with this mommy-life. He loves you and gives you the grace to be a momma. You are living a "beautiful mess", and the years are fleeting.

P.S. Trace Adkins is SUPER huge and I would not want to get on his bad side...ever.

Thanks babe, for watching our twinnies so that I could go out on the town with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment