Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Trimester Fun

So.....I'm at 8 weeks and 4 days. I'm about half-way through my first trimester and hopefully half-way through feeling nauseated.  Thus far, no vomiting! I am trying to keep food in my stomach and water at hand. I've had several people give me advice on combating "morning sickness" which can last all day. I feel I have been fortunate in this area.

I have found that pregnancy has made me LAZY. All I want to do is lay on the couch...and occasionally get up to clean. I remain constipated unless I do my Fit Mama DVD. Walking doesn't help my bowels. I did take the max adult dose of a laxative Saturday night that had me in the bathroom in a Dumb and Dumber moment, about 15 minutes after ingestion. Liquid, 5 lb. relief. I haven't gone since then. Me no poopy for three days.

It doesn't matter how much fruit I eat. I'm going to have to bring myself to exercise tomorrow if I ever hope to poop again. This sucketh.

What did you struggle with during your first trimester?

3 comments:

  1. With the girls, I totally threw up for 6 months. Glad to hear that's not an issue for you! I would ask your doctor is you can take Miralax to help with the constipation (or, you could use the dreaded OTC enema!)

    I think being pregnant is a BRILLIANT excuse to be lazy. EMBRACE the laziness. LOVE it. It may be years before you get to be lazy again.

    Praying for you and your babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Throwing up constantly- but I'd already spent nearly 7 months doing that from a tumor-shrinking treatment I had been on to conceive, so I saw it as positive puking. That, and migraines. But soooo worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. smells! had to make my hubby change his deoderant.....realized that certain smells + empty stomach would make me vomit~! ah the joys of the first trimester!!:)

    ReplyDelete