Monday, August 9, 2010

6 weeks 3 days: Heartbeats, a Progesterone Rash, and a Due Date

We had our second ultrasound today and saw both little hearts beating! Two babies! They will be fraternal twins, two different eggs and sperm. Two blastocytes transferred to my womb. They are on target! The doc said we might want to wait to tell people because it's still early, and I grinned at Jeff. The doc took the hint that we've already let that cat out of its bag.

I have also developed a rash as an allergic reaction to the progesterone. Doc wants me to stay on the progesterone for the babies' sake and to manage my symptoms with Benadryl. The rash started at the tops of my thighs and has grown thicker, slightly more bumpy and pinker, oh and it's spreading up my side. Did I mention that it itches (but not horribly)?

Third piece of 411 on the pregnancy: My first official due date is March 31. As he was giving it to me, he said that "the computer will give you a due date, which we can then laugh at." It will keep changing. The doc said my due date would most likely be anywhere between Valentine's Day 2011 and the end of Feb into early March.

Pregnancy symptoms we love to hate: tender swollen breast tissue, fatigue, constipation, progesterone rashes, and now....nausea.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Rige! And so it begins!!! Congrats again! I can't wait to see you get a belly! And March birthdays are the best! (both my girls!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO AWESOME!!! Congratulations!! TWINS!!!! Crazy. I loved having babies in March - doesn't interfere with Christmas much, and by the time you're ready to leave the house, the weather is nice!

    ReplyDelete