Monday, April 12, 2010

Laproscopy, Counseling and Invitrofertizlization, Oh My!

With the start of monthly cycle, I will call the fertility clinic with my Day One. 7 to 10 days later, I will have laproscopic surgery to check for endometriosis. Then we begin the process of invitrofertilization. "Process" is a great word for it actually.

I have an information packet which includes information on:

Financial considerations
Preadmission testing
Initiation of IVF cycle
Folic Acid/Prenatal viamins
IVF Monitoring Month
Medications used in an IVF cycle
Retrieval instructions and information (when they retrieve your eggs)
Additional IVF information (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection or ICSI, Assisted Hatching or AH, Cryopreservation, and Preimplantation genetic diagnosis or PGD)
Quick checklist for IVF cycle

Lots of things to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment