Sunday, November 8, 2009

Chain of Frustrations

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! (NOT A PIRATE VOICE)

I am so very frustrated right now. (My single friends...I sympathize with you now).

My car needs work.
I can't work or go anywhere important without a car (work, church, grocery store, clothes shopping).
To get work done on your car, you need to have your registration card, which I have lost (first time ever).
To request a duplicate registration card, you need to fill out a paper application and mail it in with a check to the DMV. You'd think they would make this an online transaction, but NO.

I don't have a working printer to print said application because we haven't hooked the new one up yet.
My appt. is Monday at 8 a.m. at the car place. A paper application will take awhile to be processed and returned. In the meantime, no card, no work on your car, no go to work, no grocery shopping, no food.

It couldn't be as simple as requesting a duplicate online!!!! They don't even let you do that! I wouldn't care so much if Jeff were home to hook up the new printer, and I could have his car to get places.
I'm feeling very passionate right now. Can you tell?

I'm thinking of that country song, "Sounds Like Life to Me" by Darryl Worely

I'll just share the choruses with you.

"(Chorus)

Sounds like life to me it ain’t no fantasy
It’s just a common case of everyday reality
Man I know it’s tough but you gotta suck it up
To hear you talk you’re caught up in some tragedy
It sounds like life to me

(Chorus)

Sounds like life to me plain old destiny
Yeah the only thing for certain is uncertainty
You gotta hold on tight just enjoy the ride
Get used to all this unpredictability
Sounds like life
Man I know its tough but you gotta suck it up
To hear you talk you’re caught up in some tragedy
Sounds like life to me
Sounds like life."
It's life and in the meantime, you gotta suck it up and deal. But how do you "deal" when you can't pay your bills unless you're working. Why must we be chained to our cars?

No comments:

Post a Comment