Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hard Work

It feels good to be physically tired at the end of a long day of landscaping (and I didn't even start until 11 a.m.). I don't know how professional landscapers do it! Today I helped my friend Dar clear and mulch some of her flower beds and move one wood pile and restack and build up another. It was good, hard work and I'm bushed on the couch to prove it.

Tomorrow should prove the hardest as far as muscle soreness is concerned. For now, I just feel fatigue. I'm making sure to load up on a bit of potassium and sodium as well as drinking more water to stay hydrated. I can't even begin to guess how much water I lost via perspiration throughout the day...but it was alot. TMI?

The good news is, I don't have any fight in me. I'm plumb tuckered out. Jeff could deliver bad news and I'm not sure even an adrenaline rush could oust me from this couch. Thank heaven for laptops, otherwise, I wouldn't have the gumption to share about my day, and then what would we do? ;)

I haven't been this physically tired in quite sometime. It's an amazing feeling! Usually, I'm just mentally tired, but this physical drain is something quite different.

Right now, I'm thankful for friendship, showers and soap, and a comfy couch on which to rest my weary body. Oi!

No comments:

Post a Comment