Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hostile Womb

I'm having surgery on Monday to eliminate some endometriosis issues and some pesky polyps. Within the span of a month, I found out my uterus was tilted (retro-tilted to be exact) and that 30% of women experience this tilt and that it supposedly does NOT prevent pregnancy, that I had a thickened lining in my uterus, a cyst on my right ovary, and two polyps in my uterus (a result of a thickened lining).

The recommended treatment is a routine procedure called a Dialation and Cureletage or D and C. It's out-patient, but you can't drive yourself home because they knock you out for the surgery. They dialate your cervix (after knocking you out) then they stick a camera and a special knife into your womb and the surgeon shaves it and sucks out the junk that's clogging your business.

Bad News: Post-procedure you can expect bleeding and some cramping.
Good News: It increases your chances of being able to conceive

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Great news for people struggling to make babies!

My gyno, cautioned me not to put anything in my vajayjay for two weeks after the procedure. That includes tampons and more importantly, no sex! So we'll have to wait to do the deed. Meanwhile, I'm supposed to continue taking prenatal vitamins etc.

I'm trying to remain unexcited and hopeless so that I do not allow myself to be disappointed again if this doesn't work out.

But it's no wonder I haven't been preggers yet, what with Jeff's sperm having to run the gauntlet up hamburger hill to reach my eggs. Picture that if you will....

Here's to fertility in the barren land of "Hostile Womb."

1 comment:

  1. We're praying that the procedure goes well!

    (as an aside, your post made me thing of Jeff's sperm in a bizarre episode of American Gladiator...too funny...)

    ReplyDelete