Sunday, June 1, 2008

Heart to Heart 5K Results

Well...I raced today. It was a learning experience.

I learned I need to start towards the middle of the pack instead of the rear and that when the race course doubles back on itself and I am in danger of being lapped by faster runners that I need to wait until later in the course to make my move to pass people. I think I shot my wad early on and didn't finish as strongly as I could have. Heat was another factor.

I got caught behind slower runners and then had to stay behind them until all the fastest runners were done lapping the slower runners. By the end of the race, I had a spittle ring around the corners of my mouth. I looked like a filly that had been ridden hard and put away wet. :)

Overall, it was an incredibly frustrating experience. I didn't get my hands on a map of the course until a half hour before the race. The course was narrow in several places as well, and there were non-race participants causing congestion on the race course. THAT was incredibly annoying.

The only highlights of the course were the shirt, and the orange slices you got at the end. They also had other stuff, like freezy pops for the kids fun runners and all kinds of other food, but it was crazy and congested for the adults. Now I know... That's about all I should say.

No comments:

Post a Comment