Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fall Comforts

What are yours? Mine are:

1. Curling up on the couch under my favorite fuzzy blankie, with a steaming mug of calorie laden hot coco or coffee, or coco-coffee and...
a. a good book
b. my laptop computer for blogging/emailing,
c. watching a favorite movie.

2. A hot bath and a good book

3. A nap under my "fat girl" comforter. Note: Fat Girl Comforter: a big, heavy down-filled comforter that feels like the weight of a fat girl laying on top of you while you're under the covers. Term coined by my mother, who asked me if I wanted a "Fat Girl" for Christmas. I too, did a double take.

4. A chunk of homemade bread and some extra-sharp cheddar cheese with a bowl of homemade:
a. corn chowder (chicken optional)
b. chicken noodle soup
c
. beef stew

5. Standing in the woods, in the middle of a trail on an Indian summer day, closing my eyes and listening to the wind in the trees as golden and rouge leaves whisper in the air.

6. Hershey's chocolate bar

1 comment:

  1. awww I so miss fall!! wearing layers upon layers, a cup of hot chocolate/tea/cider and love the "fat-girl" blanket and a movie!! curling up with a good book or movie.

    ReplyDelete